How to Register JAMB 2021 Complete Step By Step
Check out complete guide on how to register for JAMB 2021 – The 10 Steps to Register Jamb Without Mistakes.
Requirements for JAMB Registration 2021
The requirements for the 2021 JAMB registration are listed hereunder:
- Personal e-mail address and mobile phone number
- Create your JAMB profile.
- JAMB ePIN registration payment
- National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit any accredited CBT centers with your personal details and the profile PIN or Code
1. Create A Valid Jamb Email
This is the first and basic step to kick start Jamb 2021/2022 Registration. In a layman’s word, eMail is an address you can use to get Messages Online. An Email could be Google mail (Gmail), Yahoo mail, etc.
It is very easy to create an Email Account for Jamb. I highly recommend Gmail; It is very easy to create and will enable you get personalized results on Google Search
Please, don’t use slang or street name in your Email. Let your real name and surname appear in your email address (email@example.com).
2. Get NIN For Jamb
Jamb profile was introduced a few years ago and the use of National Identification Number (NIN) was introduced in 2020. NIN was Cancelled for 2020 JAMB but has been re-introduced.
National Identification Number (NIN) is now Compulsory for SIM Card Users in Nigeria (MTN, GLO, Airtel, 9Mobile and Smile). It is also compulsory for Jamb 2021 Registration.
You won’t regret enrolling NIN since it is important for Scholarships application, banks documents, etc. The earlier you register NIN, the lesser the pressure you may face when Jamb registration begins.
3. Create a Jamb Profile
The very first and most important step in Jamb 2021/2022 registration is to create a Jamb Profile. It is very compulsory for you to register your profile before obtaining Jamb 2021 Registration Form.
Jamb Profile or Jamb account is very important. No Student can Register Jamb UTME or Direct Entry without first Creating Profile. Simply click here to create a Jamb profile
Apart from Jamb registration, you need Jamb profile for Jamb online result checking, Admission status checking, Admission letter printing, Accessing Jamb caps and so on.
4. Check Jamb iBass
According to Jamb, before you register for the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination for the year 2021, you need to check your Eligibility for the chosen program and Institution at iBass. Click here to confirm your course and school on Jamb iBass.
5. Buy Jamb 2021 E-Pin Registration
Now that you have a valid email address and Jamb profile, what next? Get the E-Pin. Jamb E-Registration Pin can be gotten in many ways. However, I recommend going through any of the procedures below.
- Get E-Pin at Jamb Banks (Cash)
- Paying on Jamb portal
- Buying Epin via Remita
- Go to Nigeria Post Office (NIPOST).
- Paying with ATM
- Paying with your phone.
HOW TO PAY FOR JAMB EPIN ON REMITA
- Visit login.remita.net/remita
- For UTME, select ‘Sales of JAMB/UTME Registration Forms’ in the ‘Name of Service/Purpose’ column
- For Direct Entry (DE), select ‘Sales of JAMB/DE Registration Forms’ in the ‘Name of Service/Purpose’ column
- Enter your registered phone number (the one on which you received the confirmation code)
- Enter other details and select how you want to pay
After payment, your PIN is delivered to your phone number and also displayed on your Remita receipt.
E-PIN ONLINE PAYMENT ON JAMB PORTAL:
- Visit the JAMB website: jamb.gov.ng
- Click Purchase of 2021 Application Document
- Enter your Profile Code.
- Select payment method (InterSwitch or Remita)
- Make payment
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
E-PIN PAYMENTS USING USSD (NIBSS/ERCAS):
- Dial *565*6*55019#
- Enter Profile Code
- Select the bank and follow the prompts to complete payment
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
Procedure for the eight foreign centers only is as follows:
The registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is $20 or it’s equivalent in each of the eight countries
Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete and submit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as indicated on the website.
6. Visit A Jamb CBT Center
In our time, it was Cybercafes. Am sorry, you never enjoyed that experience. It is not my fault anyway. Right now, you can only register Jamb in approved CBT centers.
Jamb releases the list of accredited CBT centers yearly; more centres are being added while a few gets banned. I have compiled the CBT Centre list and made it available for you in PDF. You can download and go through them to decide the most convenient one for you.
At the Accredited Jamb CBT Centre, you will be given a CD containing the following for free:
- e-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available courses.
- Syllabus (e-syllabus) for the examination.
- Step by step guide on completion of the application form.
- A video message from the Registrar of JAMB and a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without a mouse.
Jamb Registration At CBT Centres
- Pay N700 as Service Charge to the CBT Centre
- Provide Biodata including Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, etc
- Provide choice of institutions and programs (disciplines)
- Provide qualification with grades and dates, if not awaiting result
- Upload Waec/Neco/GCE/etc certificates, if not awaiting result
- O/L and or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates.
- Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional certificates for DE only
- Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for Mock (optional) and actual Jamb.
- Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph)
- Do Biometric enrolment (ten fingers)
- Review entries and confirm they are correct.
- Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION
- Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD
- Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration
There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real-time online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Offices. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualified
Many students lose admission last year because of mistakes in the details supplied to Jamb and school of choice. I am begging you in the name of God, do not supply details that will land you into trouble. Check your documents and make sure that there is a concord between the subject and predicate.
Jamb Optional Mock Exam
As was done last year, the Board will also conduct a mock examination in all the accredited CBT centres to prepare and familiarise INTERESTED Candidates with the CBT environment.
Interested candidates are advised to indicate their interest in the mock examination during 2021 Jamb registration.
7. Go For 10 Fingers Biometric
Still, at the Registration centre, the four things below will happen:
- Jamb will take all your fingerprint
- Your O-level or A-level result will be submitted.
- You can use awaiting result.
- You can use two sittings. I.e, one awaiting and one complete result or two complete results.
8. Collect Your Jamb E-Slip
As a big boy or girl level, collect your slip and go through it. Begin to Imagine how to blast.
9. Collect Other Things
Collect other necessary things. Ask them, is there any other thing? Don’t stop asking questions.
10. Done With Registration
That is all. You have successfully registered. All you need to do now is, go home, eat well and sleep.