NIN mistake: How To Correct Errors On NIN and Solve Other Related Issues

How to check your NIN using USSD code
How To Correct Errors On NIN

In case you made mistake in your National Identity Number (NIN) or there is a need for you to update your data due to marital status and you don’t know what to do, follow the guide here if you wish to resolve it.

Here are the major reasons why you may want to modify your National Identity Number data:

Marital status

Unintentional mistakes

Wrongly spelled name

change of address

Change of Phone Number

level of education

change of occupation

Major Requirements are needed if you want to modify your data

1. Original copy of the first NIN slip issued to you

2. Printout of the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) Number which you paid on remita

3. Application letter signed by you for the change you want to make on your data

NOTE: For a Change of Name, you must present the following documents:

4. Sworn Affidavit

5. Newspaper Extract

6. Marriage Certificate (for married ladies)

NOTE: For a Change of Address, you must present the following:

7. Utility Bill

8. Tenancy Agreement

9. Bank Statement

10. Community leader Attestation

Change of Phone Number:

11 Police Report

For the level of education

12. Present the recent Certificate obtained;

Change of occupation,

13. Offer Letter from your employer.



Leave a Response